Romeo Family Highlights

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sew Excited

So for those of you that read the Michigan blog, you might be asking, "Well what did she do with herself for four days without the girls?" The first day I slept in and was a little awestruck with the fact that no one came to wake me and say they were hungry and there were no stinky diapers to be changed. So I lounged around for a bit and then got bored and remembered I had thought of a project that I was going to attempt for this special weekend. Here it is.
I made cradle bedding. The bedding I had was a little outdated. I had looked on the internet and there were some sets for about $50 that were pretty cute, but the ones that were selling for $300 were a lot cuter. I am not saying I would classify this one for as much, but I am just thrilled with how it turned out.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

So cute...I wish I could sew like that.

October 29, 2008 at 2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so well done! Love the color scheme. I didn't know you sewed!

October 29, 2008 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger Amanda L said...

I didn't know you sewed, either!! I think it looks fantastic. I try to sew, sewed Jack's Halloween costume, but I'm not very good at it. :)

October 30, 2008 at 10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara - it's BEAUTIFUL! Cute color and pattern! LOVE IT!

November 1, 2008 at 7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! "Anonymous" comment was from me.

November 1, 2008 at 7:15 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

That is awesome!! I love those colors and the pattern. Did you make the bumpers as well? I need to learn how to make bumpers. Way to go--well done!!

November 1, 2008 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Looks good in the cradle!

Loving all the pics below. Those goggles are so funny.

November 1, 2008 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger The Romeo Family said...

Thanks so much for the compliments. I did take FOREVER putting the fabrics together. And yes I did the bumper and sheet. There are little tutorials all over the internet, and I did some comparing and measuring from my buddies own cradle. Thanks Laurie for letting me come over like twenty times in two days.

November 3, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home