Romeo Family Highlights

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

10 Years Ago!!

Ten years ago I was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Since life takes us on many adventures and roads, as we say sometimes, I have lost contact with many of those people who influenced me. With this blog I would like to extend my love and appreciation for all those who have influenced me to make the decisions I have made. My parents woulde be the first. Throughout my life they have supported me in every aspect of my life whether they agreed or not. I am only the man I am today because that's who they raised me to be. In high school I had many friends who were LDS, and more importantly, one even brave enough to invite me to church. Thank you. I dated a girl who helped on the raod to baptism, which I never really thanked. Along that path, friends helped me grow in the gospel through their example. When it came time to serve a mission, a counselor and patriarch sent me home to pray about it. Six months later I was on a mission.

Then I met my first companion in the MTC. He has been an example to me since the day we met and I don't think my mission would have been the same.without him. His family showed nothing but love. Two years in Australia brought 20 something companions, 11 areas and a greater appreciation for Jesus Chrtist and His priesthood.

With a bumpy road and a closer relationship with my Heavenly Father, I met my beautiful wife. Through that experience, I know that it is through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we are sealed. We grow each day and year with our little family.

Now as I enter this new chapter in life, I am grateful to all those that have crossed and been on this path with me. I love each of you and keep you in my heart each time I reflect on the past. Don't ever forget the scripture from the Doctrine and Covenants 18:16 "And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me." I am that one soul that all of you have brought unto Him.

I am greatful for the friends who have come into my life through each ward that I have been in.

Thank you, to all those I have lost contact. If you have been around throughout these past ten years, thank you, and please send those who I no longer see here, so I can share my gratitude.

With Love and Thanks,

Zach Romeo

8 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I am a little teary eyed after reading that. I am glad life has been so good to you and really proud of you for the decisions you have made. It's only gets better from here...

Love ya guys!

August 19, 2008 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Zach, it is quite a coincidence that I stumbled across your family's blog because no less than a week ago I was wondering how you were doing. Your family looks great! Congrats on the little one coming soon. And thanks for sharing your testimony with everyone. I, like Tara, got a little choked up.

-Ryan Dixon

August 21, 2008 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

That's such a sweet post, Zach :) We're so glad you joined the church too :)

August 23, 2008 at 8:08 PM  
Blogger Erica Wyatt said...

I stubbled on you guys. I'm so glad to find you and keep up on your life.

August 24, 2008 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger Dixon's said...

Hi Zach. You have such cute girls! I didn't even know you had gotten married until I was walking through the Reno institute a couple of years ago and saw your and Sara's picture on the bulletin board. I was so exctied to see you two had gotten married. I was in Relief Society with Sara in the singles ward when I went to UNR and she was always smiling and so energetic and happy, and you were always fun to hang-out with at Natural Helpers (wow, that was a long time ago). Glad to see your family is doing well and congrats on the baby boy on the way.
-Christina Judd

August 25, 2008 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger Brittany B said...

I'm so excited to see another Vegas person stayed north! Glad to see you and your family are doing well. I was wondering how Megan was doing? Our page is www.thebrazellfamily.com.
-Brittany Judd
P.S. If you guys haven't checked out the rib cookoff you definitely need to. It starts this Wednesday!

August 25, 2008 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Sara Davis! My long lost best friend! I too have wondered where you have been. I LOVE blogs so I can sneek in on people occasionally.
I love your litle family. It is good to see you and Zach so happy. I wish I could find out what Amy is up to as well.Where is she?
I will hope to talk to you shortly.
Stacey (Stucki) Eaton

August 28, 2008 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Kallie said...

Wow- what a sentimental flashback. Ten years makes me feel very old. I am so happy for you and your beautiful family! Its good to see life has treated you well.

-Kallie

P.S. No need to say thanks...

January 30, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home