Romeo Family Highlights

Thursday, October 2, 2008

First Day of School!

So we decided to enroll Sydney in a couple of hours of preschool just to give her some classroom experience. She has been wanting to go for a while now and every time we drive by her future elementary school she will proudly state, "That's my school." So her first day was very reminiscent of that in Finding Nemo. She wakes up before the alarm goes off and comes straight to mom's room to make sure that today is the day. We had packed all our necessary items the night before. So we were ready to go. She kept asking me, "Okay, when we get to school you are just going drop me off? And say good bye at the door?" Now these may seem like questions of apprehension, but really she expressing her complete independence of not needing me to stay...at all. And I didn't. Okay I did, but only just long enough to get a couple photos of the BIG day.

She just walked in and made herself comfortable at a learning table. She actually wanted to play in the kitchen, but it was closed for the week because the kids were not cleaning up properly.

This is her being ever so studious as the teacher goes over the letters on her name card to learn name recognition. And she was just as happy to see me back as she was to be dropped off in the beginning. So that made me feel loved. There's nothing better than getting the great loud "Mommy!" when you walk into the room. The response as to what she did at school that day, "We had popcorn for a snack." So it is all worth it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Yeah for Sydney! She really does look studious.

And something about your smile below reminds me of Molly Shannon--never seen that in you before. Cute recap of the Vegas trip.

October 4, 2008 at 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe she's old enough for preschool already! I remember my first day...my mom dropped me off and I was hysterical. I'm glad Sydney is ready to take on the world!

October 4, 2008 at 4:45 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Look at little Sydney...all ready for school! How cute! She looks like she's doing just fine!

October 5, 2008 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger K said...

YEah Sarah!!! This is Kali! I am so happy to have found your blog! I have a blog too, but had to go private when I started a class blog (Washington County School District). Email me and I'll totally add you to mine! LOVE IT! =) Massey

lafsalott where tis hot. =)

October 5, 2008 at 7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sydney looks so happy! I didn't know that she was enrolling in school. I bet she's teacher's pet already!

October 10, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home