Romeo Family Highlights

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Journal Jog

So once again, I ran in the journal jog. It began back in 2005 when my friend Kris Burst said there a community run that had a stroller division. So we trained for it together with our first born children, Sydney and Kajaani. I have since ran with Eleanor and now it was Ivan's turn. I was definitely not as ready as I was with Sydney, but possibly better prepared than with Eleanor. I don't really know about that, but I did get a faster time. Ivan and I clocked in at 54:09, while Elle and I were 58 minutes. And I don't know about Syd's time. All in all it was pretty fun, even though my head was going to burst from being overheated and I blame that on having a small cold. Amy, my sister, came to support and offer encouragement while watching the girls. Well, really she dropped them off at the bounce houses at the kids corner. After the run we went to my mom's for her annual Air Race Party. Good times.

Valerie (left) was my Carson City training partner and Kris (right) was my stroller buddy.
Ready Set Go!!
We finally made it across the line. 4.8 miles is a long race.
Here's to next year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amanda L said...

You're faster pushing a stroller than I am alone! Good work, lady. You look great!

September 26, 2009 at 6:22 PM  
Anonymous Jess R said...

Good job, Sara! Looks like fun!

October 13, 2009 at 5:55 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

That was so fun, Sara. We have to do it again next year.

November 8, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home